Sunday, June 8, 2008

Found my Mojo

I have finally polished and cleaned enough to earn a sewing day. My sewing group got together yesterday and we all had a great time, sewing, drafting, cutting and embroidering (and scoffing buns and scones)....I drafted off a pattern from my newest Japanese Pattern book and even took some shots while packing up last night. My husband giving me the big hmph when glancing at the sewing stuff that had migrated from my sewing room onto the kitchen table... Hey, how unsociable to sew in a different room from my friends???














I made a blouse from my newest and absolute favourite Japanese pattern book. I used a nice lilac hailspot type fine cotton (as miss 6 loves purple) Despite the intricate appearance of the front, it went together suprisingly easy. Now I just have to sew the button holes and buttons on (that may take another 6 months to get to!!)

















I altered the collar to have a curved edge instead of square. I think it softens it off a bit..




1 comment:

~ Kim ~ said...

Oh fabulous! I have this book too. It's the best. You've done a terrific job on the top. I was going to make the same for my DD but couldn't decide on the material. How does it look on your DD?? The colour is fab.