Monday, May 12, 2008

The Watson Dress


I have finally finished the Chocolate Linen Dress which I have labelled the Watson Dress on the pattern pieces.. Partly because if I wrote Brown dress, I would not know which one.... Watson was my grandmother's maiden name...

It was hard to photograph and It looks a completely different colour in each photo, I will need to get my little model in a good mood so that we can have a smiley face with the dress..But I am happy with the way it turned out, I wonder wether it would be something I could perhaps make to order???Would it look any good in Pale Pink?? or does it not work with the organic look..



Mothers day morning, the sweet little girls both presented me with their special gifts from Kinder and school and they were very cute...After that it went rather downhill. No special breakfast and certainly no fairies appeared to do the ironing..Maybe I will practise teaching them "Mummy loves Cool Water " or perhaps "Mummy really needs a special treat from Ella Bache!" I might practise that for Christmas even, couldnt hurt surely... Best move on to the next project and aim at getting my creative bum into gear, thanks for the words of wisdom EmmaRose, I think I will use that theory when my MIL calls in....

4 comments:

Cathy said...

very cute dress - whatever the colour! I love it - and I even love the name (that was my maiden name)

Black Eyed Susie said...

love the dresses. They'd look great in a range of colours.

Em said...

Hehehe, MIL's were young mums once too! The great thing about being a grandmother is that you can choose to look back on your memories with 'rose coloured glasses'. I know my mother does!

Jodie said...

The dress is gorgeous , I love the lighter look in the last photo as well - it might be nice in a natural coloured linen as well. It has such clean simple lines - really really cute.