Friday, March 13, 2009

My very first quilt top!!!



I am very pleased with myself, I have finished my very first quilt top. A dissapearing nine patch with sashes and borders in linen.. I dont mind it at all..
I am unsure wether to do the hand quilting thing in the raved about perle thread or if I should quilt it by machine? I saw one online that had waves from side to side and I thought it looked very modern and it was something I could do myself without years of practise first (Like the dreaded freehand stippling).
I will think about it, maybe I will see something on SUNDAY!!

I am sooo very looking forward to going to the stitches and craft on Sunday!. From all reports it is bigger than ben-hur. Myself and a couple of fellow crafters from the sticks are heading to the big smoke to check out the talent and I hope to put some faces to the names that I have been lurking on for some time..
I have also been rather taken with my crochet and have joined ravelry, which has only added fuel to the fire.. I have finished a scarf and am trying my damndest at a new unusual looking scarfy thing now, once again, who knows what amazing stuff I will see on SUNDAY..

7 comments:

Gailavon said...

Congrats on a beautiful quilt top.

Anonymous said...

Great stuff Jo! Have a wonderful time at stitches xox

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Your quilt is really nice. Is that material some of the Urban Couture range by Basic Grey? I have been playing around with a jelly roll and charm square pack in that range. Haven't finished it yet

Julie said...

Wow, that has come up great. I think a wavey quilting would look good. My last quilt I quilting I drew on my quilting lines with a chalk pencil as I went as a guide. This worked well and it came off really easy.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks fantastic! I love the colours you've used.

Anonymous said...

stunning! absolutely stunnning!
I've missed reading you. Glad you're back...

Selina said...

Wow, how clever, I'd be happy if I was you, its looking great!