Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Still sewing in the heatwave

It is crazy, poor old Easter Bunny is getting his things together and the morning dews are supposed to be here. Why on earth has someone forgotten to flick the autumn switch...
I shouldn't complain. I do enjoy summer and our house is temperature controlled.

I have spent the last week trying to squeeze in some sewing time amongst the hectic domestic schedule.. I am sure a lot of those people who sew and blog all the time, must have cleaners and nannies...
The flower girls have all had their fittings and now I can finish all 3 dresses. I just have to muster the energy and enthusiasm to go for it.
I continued with my bucket hat experimenting on Monday and I am about to draft off a different brim, I just want the brim to sit out a little more, more sun protection and less eye interference. The girls loved them, Miss4.5 already insisted on wearing it at Kinder today. I will try photographing them next chance I get..
Once my current (paying) task is done, I want to experiment with my gathering attachment on the overlocker and tweak it up so I can make a tiered skirt in one pass. If anyone has done it with success, I'd love to hear from you!!!!!!!!!

I am thinking it might be time for another Japanese Sewing Pattern Book....
This little shirt dress is gorgeous, I could just see it in linen with a nice print collar and placket, Have to keep the (to do pile) bigger than the stash itself.
Motivation, it is a strange thing, some days it only takes a simple thought, other days I might browse through stacks of magazines and clippings I have collected over the years..
I guess Inspiration cannot be made. It just has to come on its own.

2 comments:

Em said...

I have black eyes from staying up late (when the kids are to bed) crafting and blogging. As for the housework, I do my best.... (Dust gathering on shoulders as I type) tee hee. Time to do the mopping!

fi said...

your ace jo!!you have inspired me! what an amazing seamstress you are, and the hat its yours for sure!!nice to meet you...