Monday, September 28, 2009

I sewed !!!

I dont believe how slow the first week of the holidays have been, and with the constant rain it has been all inside..BUT, I sewed...
I finally enlarged the armholes on this top, that has been hanging around waiting...
Now it has new facing and has already been worn with pride..

I finished hand stitching the owls tummy in place..
I located full sets of 5 and sorted all my bright sewing threads
I cut out a peasant top for Miss Paige.
I went to spotlight and accidentally bought these fat flats home to gather some dust with the rest of the stash..(They are way too yummy)
Then I sewed this little number together and had a very happy customer..
And just because boys love a photo opportunity also.
How are the holidays treating you???

7 comments:

Julie said...

I love both the your tops. I have the same problem with armholes. I don't think my arms are that big but everything I make or try on seem to be tight. Frustrating isn't it.

trash said...

Wow you have been sewing! Loving it all, especially the spots. I have them in the blue.

Anonymous said...

wow! feels like ages since I've seen (read) you! glad to see how productive you are....

ZippyZippy said...

Miss Paige's top looks great!
I would not mind one myself.
And, I would believe how long the first week of the holidays was!
Great to see the pedal to the sewing room floor.

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Yay for rain and yay for sewing!! The kids are so big! Look forward to catching up next week!! xox

Jodie said...

I am impressed - not in the least by all that thread !!!

Susan K - from Canada said...

Vera Jean - I keep checking back to read your new posts - I'm missing your writings - hope all is well.